Monday, December 12, 2011

Matryoshka Christmas tree decorations.

My handmade decorations for 2011 are these matryoshka dolls. After blogging about them in October, I kept thinking about them, so I knew I had to make some. I printed off the free pattern  from Sew to Speak and whipped up three little ladies. Three more need to be made before Christmas day arrives as I think a set of six would be a nice amount.

 Doll #1 (My favourite)

 Doll #2 (I regret this colour combination)

 Doll #3 (A matchy matchy doll)

They look lovely hanging on the tree...


The best part about this project was the tiny tiny cost of making these dolls. I would estimate each doll cost me less than $1 to make. And they only require basic needlework skills, so they would be great for kids to make (perhaps enlarge the pattern first though - some of these pieces were tiny).

Sam xox

4 comments:

  1. Aww they are too cute! I have a massive thing for felt decorations, so will be downloading that pattern asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I'll have to try making a couple of those myself--for next year! lol

    ReplyDelete